«Maple Leafs» Clinic is a highly integrated department of neurologists with subspecialization in the evaluation, and treatment of disorders affecting the nervous system. Our ambulatory clinic provides state-of-the-art care for patients with a variety of neurological disorders, education of neurology residents and fellows in neurology subspecialties, and research programs in both basic and clinical neuroscience directed at understanding diseases of the nervous system and developing new treatments based on that knowledge. Clinic provides care through a number of subspecialty clinics, in the following fields:
- Cognitive Disorders,
- Epilepsy, Movement Disorders,
- Multiple Sclerosis,
- Neuro-Muscular Disorders,
- Sleep Disorders,
Psychological and Psychiatry Services:
Psychiatry and psychology services draws upon the strength of a multidisciplinary team combined with leading research to ensure that you get the best care available. Comprehensive mental health assessments and treatments are coordinated by psychiatrists and psychologists. Together, we’ll build a personalized treatment plan to meet your needs.
- Expertise and experience.Board-certified specialists in the Department of Psychiatry and Psychology treat all types of disorders, such as depression, bipolar disorder, addiction and chronic pain, as well as some of the rarest and most challenging conditions.
- Team approach, tailored to your needs.Our experts offer comprehensive evaluations to assess psychological and physical concerns. A team of medical professionals will work with you to set goals, develop a customized plan based on your needs, and monitor progress.
- Innovative treatments based on the latest research. Experts in psychiatry and psychology actively participate in education and research, which support patient care by contributing the latest knowledge and innovative treatments.
Our psychologist– Ruth Kupeian, who has joined our multi-disciplinary team to provide much needed psychological support for our clients. She is a Member of the Canadian Psychological Association. She is a Canadian Armenian who was raised and educated in Canada. She moved to Armenia to bring her small contribution in the process of rebuilding this newly independent nation. She has experience in working with individual clients and groups with various psychological issues, and teaching on subjects related to psychology and spirituality. She has a Master of Education in Counseling Psychology from McGill University and recently finished her Doctorate in Christian Counseling. We are glad to have her on our team and look forward to serving our ever-increasing community with even more effectiveness.
Our psychiatric team is working under the supervision of doctor A. Soghoyan, the president of Armenian Psychiatric Association. We are also is cooperating with World Psychiatric Association.